I could not recommend Darwin highly enough for a totally rad family getaway, particularly during the winter months when Darwin puts on a pleasantly warm show. It seriously breathed life back into us after being shell shocked by Victoria’s insistently chilling winter. To date it was my favourite family holiday location but it’s also ideal for singles who just want a warm chillaxing break. This is a quick reference point for anyone making their way up to Darwin. These are must do’s which we enjoyed from our trip. They’re all family friendly & many of them FREE!
1. Take a dip at the beachfront lagoon which is apart of the popular waterfront precinct
2. Whilst at the beachfront precinct head over and visit the wave pool. The kids will beg for it!
3. Take a stroll at sunset along the wharf pier, have a feed & feed the giant fish off the side of the pier
4. Visit a museum – The Darwin military Museum & The Museum & National Gallery of Northern Territory are musts for understanding Darwin’s eventful past. We were really astounded by some of the things we discovered
5. Visit a waterhole like the naturally warm Berry Springs, located 45 minutes out of Darwin
6. Visit a market – Darwin is THE market capital. There are stacks of options with something on almost daily, but Mindl Beach Markets are probably the most notorious along the beach front at sunset and is on twice a week. They will blow your mind!
7. Visit Litchfield National Park. There are plenty of organised bus tours running daily or take a drive (about 1.5 hours out of Darwin) for yourself and you’ll get to swim in the most spectacular spots like Wangi falls
8. Do a Jumping Crocodile Tour along the Adelaide River
9. Catch a flick at the Deckchair Cinema
Again follow Knocked up and Abroad on Facebook!